The Samsung Music app has been upgraded for Android 11 (One UI 3). Make sure you update to the latest version to ensure that your music files are displayed and accessible. Due to enhanced security, Samsung Music Playlist and Android MediaProvider Playlist will now be separated. To import or export playlists, use the playlist import/export function provided in the settings. The Queue will be reset due to system changes. Some music files, such as recorded files, may now be displayed which were previously hidden. In this case, use the folder hide function to hide folders.
Samsung Music is an optimized music player for Samsung Android devices with a range of features. It supports playback of various sound formats such as MP3, AAC, and FLAC. Song lists can be managed effectively by categories such as Track, Album, Artist, Genre, Folder, and Composer. It also supports a new user experience that interacts easily with Samsung smart devices like Tablets, TVs, and Wearables. The app has a clean and intuitive user interface with a recommendation engine for Spotify playlists.
FLAC is an audio coding format similar to MP3 and AAC, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed without any loss in quality.
To use basic features of Samsung Music, the app requires the mandatory permission of STORAGE. Optional permissions include MICROPHONE for controlling the player with voice commands and PHONE for verifying your phone when using the music service (only for Korean devices).
|Name: Samsung Music
|Developer: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
|Update: Mar 20, 2023
|Size: 25 MB
What devices are compatible with Samsung Music?
Samsung Music is optimized for Samsung android devices.
What audio formats does Samsung Music support?
Samsung Music supports various audio formats such as MP3, AAC, FLAC. Supported file format may vary depending on the device.
Is Samsung Music free to use?
Yes, Samsung Music is a free app and it comes pre-installed on Samsung devices.
What are the key features of Samsung Music?
Some of the key features of Samsung Music include support for various sound formats, helps to effectively manage song lists by categories, support for Samsung smart devices, clean and intuitive user interface and the showing of playlist recommendations from Spotify.
What is FLAC?
FLAC is an audio coding format similar to MP3 & AAC but it is lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality.
What permissions does Samsung Music require?
The mandatory permission required for basic features of Samsung Music is storage permission. Even if optional permission are denied, basic features may work properly. Optional permission include microphone permission and phone permission (Korean devices only).
What are the changes with the Android 11 upgrade?
The Samsung Music app needs to be updated to the latest version. The Samsung Music Playlist and Android MediaProvider Playlist will be separated due to the enhanced security of Android 11. The queue will be reset due to system changes. Some music files that were previously hidden may be displayed. In this case, you can hide the folder containing the files you want to hide by using the folder hide function.
Tips and Tricks for Samsung Music
Note: These tips are applicable for Android 11(One UI 3) upgrade.
1. Update to the latest version: Samsung Music app needs to be updated to the latest version to avoid music file display issues. This is important as some files may not be displayed or may become unavailable to use the app.
2. Playlist Import and Export: The Samsung Music Playlist and Android MediaProvider Playlist will be separated due to the enhanced security of Android 11. To import or export playlists, use the playlist import/export function in the settings.
3. Reset Queue: With system changes, the Queue will be reset. Make sure to re-add the songs to the queue.
4. Hide Folders: Some music files (like recorded files) may be displayed which were previously hidden. Use the folder hide function under Folder Tab > more button(3 dot) > Hide the folder to hide any folders containing files you want to hide.
1. Multiple Sound Formats -
-Samsung Music supports the playback of various sound formats like MP3, AAC, and FLAC.
2. Efficient Song Management -
-You can effectively manage song lists by categories such as track, album, artist, genre, folder, and composer.
3. User Experience -
-The app provides a new user experience that makes it easy to interact with other Samsung smart devices like a tablet, TV (DLNA, Screen mirroring), and wearable.
4. Intuitive User Interface -
-The app has a clean and easy-to-use user interface that makes it easy to navigate.
5. Spotify Integration -
-The Samsung music shows recommendations of playlists from Spotify.
What is FLAC?
FLAC is an audio coding format that is similar to MP3 and AAC but is lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality.
1. STORAGE permission: Allows the player to write, modify, and delete to the SD card. Also, it allows the player to read data from the SD card.
2. MICROPHONE permission: Only applicable to Galaxy S4, Note3, Note4. Allows controlling the player with voice commands which are listening, not recording. For example: PLAY, PAUSE, NEXT, PREVIOUS, VOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN
3. PHONE permission: Only applicable to Korean devices. Verify your phone when using the music service.
To install "Samsung Music" APK on your computer, you need an Android emulator such as Bluestacks or NoxPlayer. Follow these steps:
1. Download and install an Android emulator on your computer.
2. Download the "Samsung Music" APK file from a trusted source.
3. Open the Android emulator and navigate to the APK file location.
4. Drag and drop the APK file onto the emulator screen.
5. Install the app by following the on-screen instructions.
6. Open "Samsung Music" on the emulator and enjoy the app on your computer!