|Developer: Wikimedia Foundation
|Update: Apr 13, 2023
|Size: 16 MB
Why you'll love the this app
1. It's free and open
Wikipedia is the encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Articles on Wikipedia are freely licensed and the app code is 100% open source. The heart and soul of Wikipedia is a community of people working to bring you unlimited access to free, reliable and neutral information.
2. No ads
Wikipedia is a place to learn, not a place for advertising. This app is made by the Wikimedia Foundation, a nonprofit organization that supports and operates Wikipedia. We provide this service in the pursuit of open knowledge that’s always ad-free and never tracks your data.
3. Read in your language
Search 40 million articles in over 300 languages in the world’s largest source of information. Set your preferred languages in the app and easily switch between them when browsing or reading.
4. Use it offline
Save your favorite articles and read Wikipedia offline with “My lists“. Name lists as you like and collect articles across different languages. Saved articles and reading lists are synced across all your devices and are available even when you do not have internet connectivity.
5. Attention to detail and night mode
The app embraces Wikipedia’s simplicity and adds delight to it. A beautiful and distraction-free interface lets you focus on the essential: reading articles. With text size adjustment and themes in pure black, dark, sepia or light, you can choose the most pleasant reading experience for you.
Broaden your horizon with these features
1. Customize your Explore feed
"Explore" lets you see recommended Wikipedia content including current events, popular articles, captivating freely-licensed photos, events on this day in history, suggested articles based on your reading history, and more.
2. Find and search
Quickly find what you're looking for by searching within articles or with the search bar at the top of the app. You can even search using your favorite emojis or voice-enabled search.
We'd love your feedback
1. To send feedback from the app:
In the menu, press "Settings", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
2. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! More info: https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Team/Android/App_hacking
3. By using this app, you agree to the automatic transmission of crash reports to a third-party service provider. If you would like to disable this feature, press "Settings," then turn off "Send crash reports" under the Privacy section.
4. Explanation of permissions needed by the app: https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Android_FAQ#Security_and_Permissions
8. About the Wikimedia Foundation:
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable nonprofit organization that supports and operates Wikipedia and the other Wiki projects. It is funded mainly through donations. For more information, please visit our website: https://wikimediafoundation.org/
The Wikipedia app is the best way to access the largest source of information on your mobile device. Here are some tips and tricks to make the most out of the app:
1. Take advantage of the app being free and open-source. Anyone can edit articles on Wikipedia, making it a reliable source of information.
2. Enjoy an ad-free experience with no tracking of your data. This app is operated by the nonprofit Wikimedia Foundation, which supports and operates Wikipedia.
3. Use the app to search through 40 million articles in over 300 languages. Set your preferred languages and switch between them easily when browsing or reading.
4. Access Wikipedia offline by saving your favorite articles. Create reading lists and name them as you like. Saved articles and reading lists are synced across all your devices.
5. Customize your reading experience by adjusting text size and choosing between pure black, dark, sepia, or light themes.
6. Explore the recommended content available. See current events, popular articles, captivating photos, events on this day in history, and suggested articles based on your reading history.
7. Quickly find what you're looking for with the search bar at the top of the app. Search within articles or use voice-enabled search or even search with your favourite emojis.
8. Send feedback on the app by going to "Settings" and selecting "About the Wikipedia app" then "Send app feedback".
9. Be aware of the app's permissions by visiting their Security and Permission page on the Wikimedia website.
10. Learn more about the Wikimedia Foundation and its operations by visiting their website.
Enjoy the limitless knowledge available on Wikipedia with the official Wikipedia app.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to directly install an APK file meant for Android devices on a computer, which runs on a different operating system. However, you can use an Android emulator like BlueStacks or NoxPlayer to simulate an Android environment on your computer and run the Wikipedia APK on it. Here are the steps to do so:
Note: Installing APK files from unknown sources can be risky as they may contain malware or viruses that can harm your computer. It is recommended to download APK files only from trusted sources.